When my sister stayed with us after the birth of The Energizer Bunny, she graciously prepared a number of meals for the family. I often asked for the recipes, including the one for these biscotti which have since become a staple for brunches. I have to bake them for an event or a large number of guests, because if I have a lot of it in the house I’ll eat them up. This week, I baked the biscotti for Thanksgiving. We’ll have a large number of family in town, hanging out at the house, and I need to fortify the freezer with baked goods. I may make another batch of Seinfeld Cookies for the kids—these are for the grown-ups.
Great for: Brunch guests, overnight guests, you
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40-50 minutes
1T Baking Powder
8 oz. toasted nuts (I used sliced blanched almonds)
1/2C dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the sugar and butter.
- Add Eggs and vanilla and blend
- Add flour and baking powder and blend
- Add nuts and fruit and blend
- Shape into logs and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until firm to the touch. Remove from oven, then remove logs to cutting board.
- CSice carefully and return to baking sheet, spacing evenly apart.
- Bake another 15-20 minutes.